The couta or yellowtail versions of this spoon range are versatile and fun to fish with. They are a faster spoon that can be cranked for couta or coaxing yellowtail.
The heavyweight fishes like a great jig, if rigged with an assist hook.
MYDO SS Couta 4.6mm (3.3 Oz)
The MYDO SS Spoon Couta…in heavyweight.
- radical swimming action with severe direction changes
- cavitation and bubble holes make for a big splash and smoke trail
- huge transparent eye and gill plate
- optimum casting weight (3.3 Oz/95 grams) and huge casts with the aerodynamic profile
Change the retrieve for completely different actions and disturbance.
- Slow: a gentle swinging action perfect for yellowtail – drags through sand with maximum disturbance for kob – high speed spinning – jigging
- Medium twitch: comes alive magnificently with the twitch – sudden speed variation produces violent direction changes – create a butterfly-like swimming action with your gentle jigging retrieve, variatign speeds all the time
- Fast: the holes down the lateral line create a maelstrom of bubbles with water spurting up in the air creating even more disturbance and commotion
The MYDO SS Spoon Tuna 127 can be used to catch the following: shad/tailor/elf/bluefish, leervis/garrick, tuna and bonito of all kinds, mackerel of all kinds, kingfish of all kinds, tarpon, queenfish, snapper, rockcod, kob/salmon/weakfish/drum…